Sunday, June 1, 2008

the day i sat in a sea of aunties.

Aunties and uncles everywhere. They were singing songs I had never heard before in my life. There and then, i was alienated. aren't I always anyway.haa!

My mum is just like a little kid, after getting better after being sick for almost two weeks, immediately she wanted to go out. So off she dragggggged me, despite my unwillingness to accompany her to sit among a sea of uncles and aunties at the woodlands CC to support her friend in a Karaoke singing competition.
mum was busy sending messages of luck and strength to her friend.
rows and rows of aunties.
more rows of aunties and uncles and someone on stage!
i found this little kid very entertaining. Maybe because she had more stage presence and was more lively as compared to the adults. She wasn't competing, just a mini performance during the break.

The experience was really very different and i felt from a totally different era, but my mum's friend did well. :) some of the people did well, others, maybe need more practice...:P so yeaps. though the whole competition was delayed by one and a half hour the lucky thing was that my mum's friend didn't disappoint us...good job there. :)

It has been a long time since i've been to a CC, i still remember the days when i was younger in my old house, mum sent me to the old Comunity centre in Marsiling for abacus class. It was horrible. :S not entirely because of the CC, mostly because it was abacus, and abacus meant math! :((( not for me. I think i stopped after awhile...haha..:P

CC's are actually very interesting place. i go there too little. Maybe when i'm older, i might go to the community center to pick up some recreational activity. =))

When was the last time you visited your community center? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment