Thursday, October 18, 2007

i learnt something new today!:)

I was looking through flikr pics recently after posting more stuff on my flikr site. Its a good site for putting up your pics and also seeing many other good photos. Flikr.com

So, as I was saying, i learnt layer masking today. Black and white and colour all in one photo. Ok, maybe you have learnt it earlier on. I just learnt it today, ok. but it's quite fulfilling when you learnt something on your own...haha..:P

Let me show you what i've done ( its a rough and I really mean rough though, dun complain)


And so here is the site i learnt it from. http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Using-layer-masks-with-Photoshop
It taught one more step, but i didn't want to do that. Yeap yeaps, so thanks to this page i learnt something which I had been wanting to do since quite sometime ago...
Let me put it down in very simple steps in case it might seem a lil wordy on the site.
  1. Choose a photo you want to edit, open it with photoshop.
  2. Make a background of the layer.
    1. top column> Layer> duplicate layer
  3. Change the whole photo to black and white.
    1. top column> Image> Hue/Saturation>Saturation (to the left or -100 or up to you)
  4. Add Layer mask
    1. top column> Layer > Add Layer Mask>Reveal all
  5. Erase the part where you want your colour to appear using your eraser tool.
  6. Taadaaa! Your done!:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment